'Finalist' recognised for support to Culturally & Linguistically Diverse learners through a range of educational and social support activities.
'Heritage Award' recognised for excellence in the Glenelg Shire.
Winner of 'Inclusive Award' recognised for excellence in the Glenelg Shire.
'Business of the Year' in recognition of commitment to providing opportunities within the workplace for people of all abilities.
'Inclusive Customer Service' award for commitment to providing inclusive customer service to people of all abilities.
In addition to delivering its core training and employment services, Portland WorkSkills plays a significant role in the life of its community by being involved in community capacity building initiatives and maintaining strong community linkages with many community organisations. Recent initiatives include:
· Member of South West Adult Community Education Network
· Operation of the WorkSkills Education, Training & General Support Fund for benefit of disadvantaged participants or learners
· Fostered effective learning partnerships with many local organisations to further learning and employment opportunites with our learners .
· Member of Portland District U3A steering committee, providing current chairperson
· Portland Tourist Association member
· Promotion of Portland through the operations of WorkSkills Tour Guides
· Provided staff time-release for Country Fire Authority duties
· Portland Housing Program Committee member and provide chairperson
· Radio 3RPC sponsor
· Business and Community Links (Baclinks) member
· Ruth Martin Memorial Trust member
· Supported Portland Toy Library with its 25th Anniversary publication
· Periodical involvement in Glenelg Shire Council advisory groups
· Supported Wood, Wine and Roses Committee with its 25th anniversary publication
Contact Portland WorkSkills on (03) 5523 1645 or email us by clicking here.