In addition to delivering its core training and employment services during 2019/2020, WorkSkills continued to play a significant role in the life of its community. Our community capacity building involvements, memberships and linkages included:
· Maintaining effective partnerships with organisations including Axis Employment, Brophy Family & Youth Services, BUPA, DHHS Residential Services, DWECHS, Glenelg Shire Council (Aged & Disability Services), Edenhope & District Memorial Hospital, GenU, Heywood Rural Health, Home@Scope, Kyeema Support Services, Kurrajong, Matchworks, Portland Secondary College, Mulleraterong Hamilton, OCTEC, Portland Bay School, Seaview House, Southern Grampians Adult Education, South West TAFE, WDEA Works, Winda-Mara Aboriginal Corporation, and local schools and kindergartens, various sporting organisations, community organisations and small businesses.
· Operated WorkSkills Education, Training & General Support Fund for benefit of disadvantaged participants or learners.
· Supported the Glenelg Shire’s participation in the 2020 Victorian Heritage Festival with a planned history tour, presentation and book launch.
· Member of South West Network of Neighbourhood Houses.
· Partner in South West Reconnect project, with South West Institute of TAFE and Southern Grampians Adult Education.
· Partner in Western Learn Local Quality Project.
· Supporter of Promoting Portland.
· Member of Glenelg Shire Council’s Volunteering and Wellbeing Advisory Committee.
· Portland Tourist Association member.
· Provided judge for ‘Best Window’ competition for Heywood’s Wood, Wine & Roses festival.
· Partner agency, Southern Grampians & Glenelg Primary Care Partnership.
· Supported and participated in the Glenelg Shire Council’s celebration of the International Day of People with a Disability.
· Promoted a range of community-based organisations and their activities through the ‘Community & Recreation Activities’ section of our term program.
'Finalist' recognised for support to Culturally & Linguistically Diverse learners through a range of educational and social support activities.
'Heritage Award' recognised for excellence in the Glenelg Shire.
Winner of 'Inclusive Award' recognised for excellence in the Glenelg Shire.
'Business of the Year' in recognition of commitment to providing opportunities within the workplace for people of all abilities.
'Inclusive Customer Service' award for commitment to providing inclusive customer service to people of all abilities.
Contact Portland WorkSkills on (03) 5523 1645 or email us by clicking here.